Monday, March 12, 2007

Bloom Where You Are Planted

So I was reading my devotions tonight and I came across this…

“Don’t wait for your list of grievances to be met before you are willing to move forward in God’s will. He can use you right where you are, even if it isn’t exactly where you want to be! The old adage is appropriate here: BLOOM WHERE YOU ARE PLANTED!”

I’m doing a study of God’s will for your life and the chapter I read tonight was talking about how we have this one thing (or more than one thing) that we are waiting for to make things easier for us… maybe a new car, a dishwasher or computer, etc. That paragraph above really stood out to me.

It also relates to the destination disease that was talked about at church tonight. How a lot of us “waste” time waiting to get to our destination. We say “once we get ____ then we will be _____.”

We aren’t living tomorrow, we’re living today.
Bloom where you are planted.


I feel a new calling. It’s kind of scary. Something I never saw coming. Pray for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I loved this post! Very inspiring! I am going to have to write about it :)